What is Rhythmic Gymnastics?
WHAT IS RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS?
There are two types of gymnastics: artistic and rhythmic gymnastics. Firstly rhythmic gymnastics – some people called it sport, others – art. Rhythmic Gymnastics is perfect combination of sport and art, beauty and aesthetic, linking expressive dance steps with skillful manipulations of the rope, hoop, ball, clubs and ribbon: throw, spin, spiral, roll and catch. There are two programs of Rhythmic Gymnastics: Individual and group, where gymnasts compete in team of five or six girls and performe in the same time competitively.
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later life
- Enhances creativity and builds self – confidence
- Develops posture and confident body movement for sport and life
- Increases flexibility, strength and prepares the body for the life’s challenges
- Enhances co-ordination and agility, for body awareness and balance